Inheritance Tax Planning

What can I do to reduce the inheritance tax I pay?

This depends, of course, on your income and individual circumstances. Among the options might be to transfer funds between husband and wife to maximise each personal allowance. For older people there is an age allowance which can give you a much higher personal allowance and you may be able to take advantage of this. If you are selling shares or property you may have to pay capital gains tax but there are legitimate ways whereby you could reduce this or avoid it completely. 

Willis and Power of Attorney

Have you made a will?

If not is is possible that a large part of your estate could go to the government.  If you do have a will but made it some time ago is it relevant to your current wishes or do you need to update it?  

contact us today for details

Video Presented by Cormac O'Toole FPFS, LLB

Estate Planning & Inheritance Tax Changes 2017-18 Update